Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wild Country Women's Vision Harness



Having gotten almost 8 years worth of wear out of my old Black Diamond Momentum Harness, it's long past time for me to replace it with something new. After trying on many, many harnesses, this one wins the prize for the most comfy. Nice wide swami that's padded, as are the adjustable leg loops. And pretty affordable, around $55. Also lots of safety features, like wear indicators on the belay and leg loops. It also has a little haul loop rated to 10kN that can be occasionally handy. What's really great about this harness is the truly female fit - the rise in the front is definitely longer than men's/unisex harnesses. And it actually has made a significant difference in the comfort and fit for me. What I haven't loved about the harness is the gear loop placements. The two rear loops unfortunately lie too close to, well, my rear. It's been tough to rack up gear in an organized way and reachy for me too. Which means unfortunately, I'm still looking for a comfy, all around harness.

No comments: